|Flax Balsa||10”0″ x 29″||123 L|
|Pinetek||9”0″ x 28″||101 L|
|Pinetek||10”0″ x 29″||123 L|
AN EVOLUTION OF THE CLASSIC SURF SHAPE.
SMOOTH, STYLISH, SIMPLE
Inspired by our legendary Starboard Surf Longboard model, designed to perform in waves from 1ft small beach breaks to head high reef breaks. The boards offer fast down-the-line surfing, as well as the ability to perform in the critical section of the wave. These cutting-edge shapes are totally well received by our team riders and anyone who have tested them. Congrats to designer Ollie O’Reilly for setting his mark on the sport.
FULLER NOSE OUTLINE
gives enough float and stability to ride toes on the nose for classic Longboard styling.
GRADUAL NOSE KICK
– Ensures a smooth take off into waves without pearling.
– Relatively flat midsection delivers speed feeding into moderate tail kick for responsive turning.
Parallel straight outline in the midpoint provides a smooth fast glide that is easy to trim the board.
LOW VOLUME THINNED OUT RAILS
– Easily engage with minimal foot pressure, giving control down the wave face and hold through steeper sections of the wave.
– Ultra responsive and sensitive to turn direction with speed and control.
FLAT DECK AND MIDSECTION
Flat deck improves stability and makes transitioning effortless from rail-to-rail allowing for drawn-out carves.
– Allows the board to roll onto its rail effortlessly to turn direction from the standing area.
– The pronounced vee tail makes turning very crisp and reactive, essential for fast bottom turns and of the top.
NARROW DIAMOND TAIL
is extremely reactive in bottom turns.
After testing multiple fin positions, we chose to place the side fins very close to the rail. This enables carving with precision and hold through turns, while the center fin position gives tracking and drive.
Can also be surfed as a single fin.
2 CONSTRUCTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM
BLUE CARBON TECHNOLOGY
– Lightest weight, Best response, Strongest build
– High-density End Grain Balsa covers the full bottom for incredible impact resistance and fatigue strength.
– Natural uni-directional flax wraps the full rails stiffens the board and avoids total breakage.
– Multiple reinforcements in the standing area, nose and tail increase impact resistance.
PINE TEK TECHNOLOGY
– Full Australian pine wood on the entire deck for extra impact resistance, rigidity and improve overall hull integrity.
– Natural uni-directional flax fiber wraps the entire rails for maximum hull strength against total breakage.
– 3 x Glass T-Stringers positioned on the full deck increase strength against total breakage
– Uni-directional carbon rail stringers for added strength against failure.
10’0” X 29”
Length: 10’0” / 305 cm
Width: 29” / 74 cm
This board carries more glide and speed from the longer length. The 29” width provides a wider platform with greater stability for heavier riders.
- Blue Carbon
- Pine Tek
9’0” X 28”
Length: 9’0” / 274 cm
Width: 28” / 71 cm
This board is suited for lighter riders that want faster and reactive maneuverability.
- Blue Carbon
- Pine Tek
|Model||10’0” X 29” LONGBOARD||9’0” X 28” LONGBOARD|
|Length (cm)||304.8 cm||274.3 cm|
|Width (cm)||73.7 cm||71.1 cm|
|Thickness (cm)||8.4 cm||8.4 cm|
|Tail Width (Imperial)||16.8”||16.5”|
|Tail Width (cm)||42.7 cm||41.9 cm|
|Volume||123 L||101 L|
|Rider Weight||50-95 kg||45-85 kg|
|Fin Set Up||Thruster||Thruster|
|Fins||Center: 170 / Side: 4.5”||Center: 170 / Side: 4.5”|
|Weight Blue Carbon||8.1 kg (Est)||7.9 kg (Est)|
|Weight Pine Tek||9.1 kg (Est)||8.1 kg (Est)|
SUP BOARDER REVIEW
A WELL DESIGNED & BALANCED LONGBOARD SURF SUP
The Starboard Longboard is a very good all round surf shape. Ideal for lighter SUP surfers getting into small waves, as well as having enough performance for the more experienced mid-weight surfers to enjoy too. If you’re looking at getting into the smooth longboard surfing style then the Starboard Longboard really will put a smile on your face, in knee to head high waves!
“I really can’t express how good these boards performed and how fun they are to ride. Daniel & Bruno joined the test in Bali and we couldn’t stop smiling throughout the entire test. It is 100% a must have in my quiver; the performance & style of riding is unmatched to anything else in the range.”
“The Longboard range is everything you’ve been missing in your quiver since Starboard started making SUP Surf boards. Whether it’s nose riding or drawing big carving turns, this is the most fun board! The longboard is so diverse and gives you that old school longboard feeling that is nearly priceless.”
“The Starboard Longboard is a great go to for most days on the water with easy glide into waves and a mix of high performance and classic longboard style!”
“A totally new model for 2019, the 10’ Longboard is a performance board aimed at more skilled riders. The first thing you notice are the super fine rails and you certainly feel these engage when bottom turning. For a longer board you can easily redirect from off the tail and use the double concaves to transition from rail to rail. If you are prepared to walk the board you can milk just about any wave, however going straight on larger waves has its risks with plunging the nose.”
“With the same super fine rails as the 10’ the 9’0 has dropped significant litres making this board better suited to lighter riders. A little slower to get moving as it sits quite low in the water line, but it certainly has turn ability once working the wave.”